ICAT-EGVE 2020 Call For Posters
The ICAT-EGVE 2020 conference will be held 2-4 December in Orlando, Florida. This is the merger of the 30th International Conference on Artificial Reality and Telexistence (ICAT 2020) and the 25th Eurographics Symposium on Virtual Environments (EGVE 2020). Together, these are two of the oldest international conferences in the world on Artificial Reality and Virtual Environments. ICAT-EGVE 2020 will be held in the form of a physical-virtual hybrid conference, enabling both in-person and virtual participation.
We invite the submission of posters describing novel research ideas, work in progress, recently completed work, preliminary results, or unusual systems and applications. ICAT-EGVE 2020 seeks inspiring posters describing research, applications or systems in all areas of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality, Telexistence, and 3D User Interfaces. Research posters should describe results that contribute to advancements in the following areas:
- 3D interaction for VR/AR
- VR/AR systems and toolkits
- User studies and evaluation for VR/AR/MR
- Telexistence, Telepresence and Teleimmersion
- Haptics, audio, and other non-visual modalities
- Serious games and edutainment using VR/AR/MR
- Presence, cognition, and embodiment in VR/AR/MR
- Novel devices (both input and output) for VR, AR, MR, and haptics
- Multi-user and distributed VR, AR, teleimmersion and telepresence
- Immersive projection technologies and other advanced display technologies
Submissions in other related areas are welcome too.
All accepted posters will be published in the Eurographics Digital Library and presented interactively at the conference.
- Poster submission: 19 October 2020 (23:59 AoE) (tentative)
- Notification of results: 26 October 2020
- Camera-ready version: 2 November 2020
- Conference: 2–4 December 2020
The conference invites poster submissions:
- Posters must not exceed two (2) pages in length (including references).
Posters must be in English and should be formatted using the Eurographics format. A sample LaTeX document and a Word template are available.
All posters must be submitted electronically as PDF, and may not exceed 6MB in size. Posters should be submitted in camera-ready format, meaning that they should not be anonymized and instead include full author names and affiliations.
Please send poster submissions via email to the Poster Chairs:
Posters will be selected by the Poster Chairs and a review committee for presentation at the conference. Upon acceptance, the camera-ready version of the submission will be included in the electronic proceedings, provided that potential comments from the reviewers are appropriately addressed.
Accepted posters will require that at least one author attends the conference (virtually or in person) to present the poster in an open discussion session. Authors may additionally present a short video during a fast-forward session that provides a chance for authors to present their work to all conference attendees.
Note: Poster submissions should provide contributions to the research field but may include published work or work that is in submission to other venues concurrently.
The authors of the best posters (selected by the awards committee) will be honored at the conference. Additionally, an audience choice award will be presented to the authors of the most inspiring poster, which will be selected through voting by conference participants.
Questions should be directed to the ICAT-EGVE 2020 Poster Chairs through email: